Published September 8, 2016
"Business Unit Name and Operational Update"
Valentus Specialty Chemicals Inc. is pleased to announce the integration of the Absolute, National Paint Industries and Precision wood floor coatings businesses into a single business unit: "Absolute Coatings Group". The Absolute Coatings Group is committed to you, our valued customer, to provide leading edge technology, product consistency and unrivaled service to ensure your success.
All manufacturing for the business unit will move to our updated, 65,000 sq. ft., manufacturing facility in North Brunswick, NJ. We have initiated a series of improvements to ensure a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment for the business unit:
- We have doubled the size of the polyurethane manufacturing area and invested in new tanks, new filling and packaging equipment, and enhanced process controls.
- We have installed additional racking and increased both Raw Material and Finished Goods storage capacity to accommodate future growth.
- We are currently building new Quality Control and Research & Development Laboratories to accommodate the Absolute Coatings QC and Technical Team.
- We will implement a company-wide ERP system, which is built on the same platform as was established at Absolute Coatings. This will provide a seamless transition for our customers and improve Customer Service levels.
- We have set up 6 receiving docks, expanding capacity for customer pick-up and deliveries.
- Finally, we have secured supply agreements with all major Raw Materials vendors to maintain the integrity of our formulations.
Overseeing all of these improvements is our new Senior Vice President of Operations, JJ Burrows, who brings with him over 40 years experience in the coatings industry. JJ has a history of success managing major facilities for both PPG and AkzoNobel, we are confident that his leadership will enhance our team and clear the way for a smooth transition and years of growth.